Do the following tasks:
1) Explain with reference to the equations, why the acceleration of an object due to gravity is not affected by mass in a vacuum
2) Explain how momentum is conserved in a bow and arrow shot
3) Explain what is meant by a moment
4) How far and how high does an object go that is thrown 40 degrees from the vertical at 8m/s
5) Explain how a deflating balloon shows Newton's third and second law of motion
6) Make a list of all equations and for each equation provide yourself with a simple calculation that would require that equation (SUVAT counts as one...)
7) Organise your folders properly!!!
Year 12- Download the AS homework from the file to the right. Follow instructions on the first page. This MUST be completed by the first week back
Year 13- Download the A Level homework from the file to the right. Follow instructions on the first page. This MUST be completed by the first week back
Complete the file titled 'practice mechanics questions' on the right hand side of this page. These need to be completed by our lesson on Friday 29th
DUE: 05/10/17 with check up of progress on 28/09/17
Complete the SPEC questions up to SPEC POINT 78/79
NEATLY and handed in within the lesson. Also we are doing another long paper on Tuesday 26th.
First off, I want you to have a nice relaxing time. Albeit during this time you also need to undertake the following:
Following the spec points outlined at:
On 'page 22', you need to research and make extensive notes on each of the spec points. Utilise the revision guide to help. This should include worked examples of questions. I will upload some questions on this unit in 'exam practice' on this website. You will be tested on this unit when you get back. NB: I will be teaching this unit too but it's good to look at it before
2) Complete AND annotate AND grade at least 6 more papers. Create a checklist of the exam papers, how many times you've done them and the score each time. We will be starting this in lesson too.
3) Write a 2 page essay answering the following question:
"How does the Large Hadron Collider work at CERN and why is it vital for our understanding of the origin of the universe?"
You (Year 12) will sit your official mock exams on the 5th (Paper 1) and 7th (Paper 2) of June. Each Paper is 1hr 30mins so be prompt.
Paper 1 covers the following topics:
Papeer 2 covers the following topics:
Your team has been tasked with inventing a space station that could hold 10,000 people for an extended period of time. The space station must sit in cis-lunar space (between the Earth and the moon). You must consider and explain the following:
Complete your plans by 30-03-17 AND the previous independent study
Sort ALL of your core practicals with the front sheets (for the AS ones) signed.
Then: Create (or place them if they're done already) summaries of each core practical within that section. E.g. what the method basically is and what graph etc...
Complete 15 PAST PAPERS, these must also be marked, annotated and then all questions that proved troublesome, placed in your flash card booklets